Monday, September 1, 2008

Brush Your Teeth???

People have told me they read my blog, but I never get any comments. So...here's something I'm going to try. Do you remember that song about brushing your teeth? I think it was from Sesame Street or possibly Captain Kangaroo. It starts out like this:

Brush your teeth...round and round...circle small...gums and all...blah blah blah blah blah.... ..go round and round, round and round!

See...I'm missing some vital lyrics there. When I first started brushing the girls' teeth back in their toddler stage, I sang this tune and just hummed the missing words. But, now I'm brushing Case's teeth and it irks me that I don't know the words.

Please help! Post the words if you know them! Thanks!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My husband and I were going nuts trying to remember this song! Luckily, I just Googled and got a few hits. Here's what I just copied from another site:

The "Brush your teeth..." song was a cartoon segment that aired on Captain Kangaroo. I've lifted the following from this site.

http://www.streetcarmike.com/kangaroo.html

The Toothbrush Family" was a cartoon about the adventures of dental hygiene equipment. I remember Hot Rod Harry, the electric toothbrush, Ned Nailbrush, and Gramps. They all sang a song:


Brush your teeth
Round and round
Circles small
Gums and all
A small soft toothbrush the round and round way
Will keep your gums healthy and stop tooth decay
So clean very carefully three times a day
Go round and round
Yeah [from Hot Rod Harry]
Round and round (sic)

Tune is "Three Blind Mice." The Toothbrush Family was resurrected in modern form for a 1997 cartoon video.

http://www.fragmentsfromfloyd.com/fragments/2003/12/happy_tooth.html

Ah, we can all relax now!