Saturday, January 17, 2009

This Season

Wow, people (older, wiser, with grown or nearly-grown children) weren't kidding about this parenting gig.

Back during the toddler stages, I thought it was hard keeping up, maintaining, teaching the girls behavior, academics, life-lessons and that sort of thing. I was so tired then.

What's changed? They're older, and now involved in so many more activities!

I feel like we've said "no" to lots of opportunities, but yet we've still managed to get into the crowded calendar time of life.

This morning, I was at the Y from 9:30 am until 2:15 pm. Not really because I was working out...although, I did have a good 32 minute workout early on. Brooke had a basketball game, after only 2 practices, and I was sort of spontaneously selected to be the referee. That was kind of fun, but I didn't really get to concentrate on Brooke or other girls. It was a workout running back and forth, too! Brooke's team includes 3 of her soccer teammates, which makes it pretty fun for her, not to mention having familiar parents in the stands.

Moriah and Haley's first practice was this morning at 11:30, and then their first game at 1 pm. Their team did much better than I imagined they would, and both girls were able to get at least two points each.

Tomorrow, we start again. Sunday school, a choir concert in the afternoon (Muscatine Children's Choir at the Art Center, 3 pm - the Kosovo Project), and volleyball practice to follow.

Did I mention I was tired?

No comments: