Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Too Much Stuff

I've come to this conclusion before, but I've made it again recently...We have way too much STUFF. And by stuff, I mean impractical belongings that get in the way of enjoying life. I'm almost ready to live a minimalist lifestyle.


See the word almost there? Yes, I admit. I am somewhat attached to some of that stuff. How do you get unattached? How do you just get out a couple 30 gallon trash cans and start pitching?


Kids are a reflection of their parents, so as we cleaned the pig-stye (or should I say hamster-stye) of a room last night, it occurred to me that I have not been a very good example to my kids.


I've rejoined the Fly Lady yahoo group, and I'm taking my first Baby Steps in decluttering and cleaning our house. It didn't get this way in a day or a week or even one month, so it certainly won't get magically clean overnight, but I've resolved to start. One baby step at a time.


Step 1: Bathroom sink is now clean! (Actually, the other sink and both upstairs toilets are, too, but why bore you more?)

1 comment:

Sara said...

I totally understand what you are saying! I've been trying to declutter a little bit too.