Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

Do you really want to know how old I am? Can't you tell by the picture on my profile?

So...it is my birthday today and that always causes me to think how fast time really flies. There are a couple of quotes I'll share with you today:

1. Life is a vapor. Fire and paper. (Little Big Town)
2. "All men are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field; the grass withers and the flowers fall..." (The Bible)
3. Carpe Diem (Dead Poets Society)
4. Seize the moment of excited curiosity on any subject to solve your doubts; for if you let it pass, the desire may never return, and you may remain in ignorance. (William Wirt)

Life is here and then it's gone. Today causes me to reevaluate what it is I'm doing worthwhile with the few days I have here. I feel I'm right where I'm supposed to be, but still, sometimes, I feel restless. There's so much to do and so little time! So much to explore, so much to still learn.

I'll leave you with one little and interestingly significant fact about August 26 (other than that's MY birthday!): Today in 1920, women were given the right to vote in America.

No comments: