Thursday, March 11, 2010

We have moved!!!

So, there's two more things (besides the mountain of boxes that are still full and need to be empty) to do.

Close on our old house today at 4:30 pm.

Close on our new house tomorrow morning at 10 am.

I'm not worried about the latter closing.

The old house is SPOTLESS. It is much cleaner than it was when we purchased it nearly 7 years ago. My mother-in-law and I have spent way too many hours scrubbing, cleaning 104 year old wood, touching up paint, washing windows, sweeping, and so on for the buyers of this home. They may or may not appreciate it when they move in. (Wynne spent an entire day on the kitchen cabinets, stove, and refrigerator!) I tried to have a Golden Rule attitude: Do unto others as you would want done to do....a clean house is good. But, my attitude wasn't always there.

So...hoping their final walk-through is pleasant for them, and they are committed fully to the purchase of the house.

In other news....I'm tired!!! Moving sure is a LOT of work!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Yeah! It is so exhausting. Enjoy your new home!