Monday, May 3, 2010

We're wrapping up our school year, but still it is very busy around here. I love it out in the "country" in our new home, but it does mean I'm spending way more time behind the wheel of the car driving kids here and there. I don't mind, because I'm getting a lot of reading done (while waiting) but it does mean less time in the house to clean and decorate. Oh well!

Last Wednesday I made a whirl-wind trip to Mason City. My dad is doing really well. We went to DirecTV and here is the dish being installed.


While I was away for the day, the kids got to play! Here's Case in his first real experience in the pool. (The first time was a few weeks ago when he accidentally fell in next to Moriah, who scooped him right out. He was staying away from the water until now.)


On my way home, I'm always fascinated by the enormousness (?) of the windmills near Charles City. Of course, it's not Iowa unless there are orange cones in the road!



Here's Case at the park in a swing. He loves the swing! We are "killing time" before Chemistry Class, which all three girls have been taking through the Home School Program. They finished up the year with polymers.


Finally, I thought the reflection in the pool was pretty cool, so I quickly snapped a picture. We're enjoying the pool. And by the way, the plants around the pool in the backyard and along the fence, and in the front yard were all taken care of by Dan, Oscar, and Wynne in one day (Saturday). What was supposed to be "an hour or so" turned out to be nearly an entire day! There were a lot of weeds and overgrowth, but it's looking so nice now. Thank you!


This weekend, Brooke had two soccer games. 5-1 and 5-1 were the final scores of each game! The Mystics are looking more and more like a true soccer team, working together, passing, looking for open spots, defending, and so on.

So...this week. I have one final class to teach at the Art Center on Friday. I have had a lot of fun teaching art this spring. I will take pictures at the open house to show what the students have been working on.

Have another great week!

No comments: