Tuesday, April 27, 2010

This Week in Pictures

Well, I don't have pictures from the strong winds or rain storms we've had recently. No pictures from me trying to get all the droppings from the oak tree east of the house that dropped a ton of stuff into the pool, and me trying to vaccuum it all out. No pictures of me teaching art at the Art Center on Friday afternoon, or me stressing on Thursday, the day before, getting ready.

But...I do have a few pictures of some other things, such as....


Case watering the garden Brooke and I recently planted. There are four purchased pepper plants in the middle, while the rows he's watering are seeds...hot peppers, red peppers, green peppers, and peas. We still need to get some tomato plants and onions.



Haley at Bass Day 2010, hosted by the University of Iowa. All Bass, all day. It was a long day, but she learned some new techniques and was introduced to some very challenging music. At the end, they gave a concert and it sounded really great! I brought things to do, like watch the DVD of Avatar, which by the way, I give 4 1/2 stars. It was a really great movie, a little predictable, but the realism was excellent.


While Haley was at Bass Day, Dan was doing Clean Up Muscatine Day with some people from work, and the other 3 kids went to Grandma and Grandpa's, where they were introduced to "real" Monopoly (not Monopoly Jr, which is what they'd previously played). They loved it so much, that on Monday, we bought our own game. They have been playing the game non-stop, providing lots of entertaining comments and facial gestures along the way! I like this picture, because as you can see, we're multi-tasking: playing Monopoly, and learning a history lesson from Glenn Beck in the background!

That summarizes the week, briefly. It's already Tuesday, and we're into another week with many things ahead. Wednesday I'll be in Mason City, Dan will be home taxiing the girls to their various classes, and possibly working a new water heater....(another story).

No comments: