Monday, April 28, 2008

Barnstormers Game



On Saturday, April 26th, we headed West to Des Moines to watch the Barnstormers stomp all over the Stockton Lightning in AF2 Football. The girls loved the game. We had front row tickets provided by Dan's work and got to experience the game up close and personal. The players would touch our hands after big plays. The atmosphere at the game is incredible - very testosterone filled, right down to the scantily dressed "cheerleaders." I don't know how much cheering they were doing. Brooke said they were, "unappropriately dressed." The drunk guy sitting next to me had his cowbell dinging the entire time, so I'm just today starting to regain hearing in my right ear. If you can get past the drunkfest, the Hooters display, and maybe expanding your vocabulary with new words, the actual game is entertaining, competitive, fast paced and downright fun! I recommend it as another American experience.

No comments: