Saturday, April 5, 2008

Classic Quote

Last night, Brooke and I went shopping for a few essentials - diapers, formula, hamster food...you know, essentials for the household. We went to Walgreen's so I could redeem an in-store coupon for Case's formula. In the process, she found a pretty good deal on some Crocks knockoffs. Pink.

So I checked out first (Brooke was going to pay for her own shoes). I got an in-store coupon for $5 off for my next purchase, so I handed the coupon to Brooke. She gets her shoes for about $2. She thinks this is the best store ever now.

So, on the way out, she begins trashing Wal-Mart, wondering why their advertising stresses that you save money when you shop there. Here's the classic quote from someone who cannot hold onto money very long because it's just burning holes in her pockets:

"You can't save money if you spend money."

How true. How true.

A lesson we should all learn and put into practice. So, as much as I'd like to spend that stimulus check we're getting....perhaps I will save most of it instead. Perhaps.

No comments: