Sunday, June 1, 2008

My Faithful Readers

...Have been wondering where I've been, why I haven't posted...

Well, it's been a busy couple of days. And although I haven't been inspired to sit and write, I did manage to get in a 11.1 mile run on Saturday !!! With the help of Running Friends (http://runningfriends.blogspot.com/), I managed to run the farthest I've ever run in my life. Two weeks from now, I'm going to attempt a 1/2 marathon! 13.1 miles. So that's my great accomplishment this weekend.

Today, Dan helped the girls set up the pool we bought 7 years ago and haven't used in 4 years. They had a blast playing in the freezing cold water. I'll try to snap some pics and post them soon.

As far as anything inspirational for this post, I'm still working on reading "Economics in One Lesson." It's very good! I wish it had been a required read in Econ 101. All I remember from that class is that my prof was big into government subsidies and owning farm ground - he demonstrated how he could generate $200K a year from owning a certain amount of acres, not farming it, and collecting big bucks from Uncle Sam. Even then, before I discovered my Republican roots, I thought that sounded fishy.

So, until another inspirational moment comes, here's hoping you have a great week! And come on back now, you hear?

No comments: