Sunday, June 15, 2008

Pictures from Marathon to Marathon


This is the night before, at the hotel in Storm Lake. Of course, we all forgot our swimsuits! It was nice to soak my legs, though. I think it helped!

This is the morning of. Notice the clock. It says 5:35am. The marathon starts at 6:00 am. We were supposed to meet in the lobby at 5:15 am, but Nancy and my alarms (plural) didn't go off. We actually woke up at 5:15 am! It was a Seinfeld!

This is me after I showered and got cleaned up. They announced the winners in each age category, and I about fell over when they said, "And in 3rd place, women 30-39, for the half marathon, from Muscatine, Iowa, Linda Steele!"

This is the group of Muscatine Running Friends that made the migration to Storm Lake. Getting there was interesting...it took more than an hour to get across the I-380 bridge in Cedar Rapids because of the flooding. Our detour on the way home way US20 to Dubuque, then US61 to Muscatine! Uggh! 6 1/2 hours.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Linda! Way to go - that is so awesome. I see you running all the time.