Saturday, June 14, 2008

Update on the Marathon to Marathon

As you may have heard, I went with a group of Running Friends from Muscatine to Storm Lake, Iowa yesterday and just returned not too long ago. It was a 6 1/2 hour drive back - me driving like I wanted to race: FAST. We were detoured and had to drive US20 to Dubuque and then down US61 to Muscatine. The water was everywhere! And we encountered a nasty storm on the way back, too, near Eldridge, IA.

Well, this will be brief, because I am kind of tired after a long day. I will post pictures tomorrow, hopefully.

The half was awesome! I think I'm a half-er. I watched lots of marathoners hobbling across the finish line, and I don't know that I want to put my body through that...yet. Still thinking about it.

I ran sub-9 minute miles until mile 7, when my left knee really gave me problems. I walked for about a minute, and decided to slow down a bit. I kept right around 10 minute miles at that point. I finished with a 2:05.20-ish. Also, I got 3rd place in my age (30-39) group! That was exciting and totally unexpected!

It was a perfect day to run - started off in the low 60's and ended in the mid-70's. Sunny and breezy. I borrowed Brooke's mp3 player and listened to Hannah Montana, Chris Daughtry, Faith Hill, Little Big Town, and more, but those were the ones that really kept me going. Thank you, Brooke!

For more info on this race, check out www.marathon2marathon.com

I'll talk more later...

No comments: