Friday, May 16, 2008

Celebration of 16 years

Brooke stayed up pretty late last night "cross-stitching" this anniversary note, which reads, "Happy 16 Anivercity." Very cute!
*
She was so excited. I think more than we were. We are tired. Dan's been working long hours at work and then long hours on the attic renovation. I'm tired because this 7-month-old still is not sleeping through the night. I'm finishing up school work and trying to get marathon training in, too.
*
However, we did go out to a nice restaurant here in town, a Thai place - good food. It was nice.
*
I heard this quote recently about happy marriages and I thought it was very fitting:
"To stay happily married requires a person to fall in love many times...with the same person."
*
I second that motion. There's no other man on earth I'd like to fall in love with over and over again than Dan.
*
16 years. 3 houses. 3 full-term pregnancies. 4 kids. Priceless.

No comments: