Thursday, May 22, 2008

the latest

Ok, so I was finally able to talk with the doctor this morning about my dad's condition.

He has pneumonia (bacterial) in his left lung, both upper and lower. She ordered the CT-scan because it was in the left lung, which is apparently pretty uncommon. That showed that he indeed has pneumonia, but it also showed some small spots in both lungs. She said he'd need to have another CT-scan in 3 months or so to see if those spots are growing.

She took him off the IV drip today and he's on oral antibiotics. Looks like he'll be coming home tomorrow. So that's really good! I only hope he doesn't try to overdo it, because tomorrow afternoon is when my brother and his kids come, too, so there will be an entire house full of people, kids running around, the baby screaming, etc. Sounds stressful to me and I don't have any serious illness (ok - I just left myself open for a good return here...like an illness of my brain!).

He needs to go back to the hospital next week (5-7 days from now) to get another chest x-ray. So, I'm hoping to be around for that. We'll probably go back home for a couple of days in between and then come back.

Thanks for thinking of us!
-Linda

No comments: