Saturday, May 10, 2008

Regretful Words

I said something today that I regretted saying immediately.

So, for the record, I really really REALLY love having four children! It's an incredible experience, and I know there's more experiences in store in the future.

It's also a relief to know that God has things under control, isn't it? And that he's the reason for the age differences in the kids. How great it is to have older and younger ones spread apart by a decade. The built-in babysitters come in handy, but from Case's perspective, it's nice to have so many loving people around all the time!

Of course, if you ask Brooke, she'd say she doesn't get to do everything her sisters do. She is right, but there is a 28-month age difference there, too, so she'll have to wait. Patience is a virtue, right? I'll have to try to explain that to her again.

Needless to say, this motherhood thing is going pretty well. Yeah, many times I feel completely overwhelmed, out of control (that's an issue I'm working on...trying to give up control, that is), and totally unqualified. I'm thankful for the examples of truly great mothers for me to look to for advice. What's scary, though, is when someone else asks ME for advice! Didn't I already say I was unqualified?

So in the spirit of Mother's Day, I embrace motherhood - the sleepless nights, the diapers, the training, the listening, the referreeing, the talks, the books - oh the books I've read, the cleaning, the cooking, the laundry -- and a Happy Mother's Day to all!

No comments: