Thursday, May 1, 2008

Clarification

Ok, so I probably came off as a Ron Paul Wannabee in that last post, and that's not exactly what I was trying to do. It occurred to me as I was ranting, that I would probably have to explain the tongue-in-cheek post regarding Linda Steele for President.

There were several points I was trying to make. Obviously, it's ridiculous for me to "run for president." Espeically when it seems to me that there are at least 2 people out there in a certain political party who are attempting to run for it already without the full endorsement of their party (i.e. Obama and Rodham-Clinton). I was trying to be slightly sarcastic with the idea that I could actually run for president.

However, I do believe that we do not need any new programs. If anything, we citizens should call for an audit of the federal government accounts. If we're expected to pay our bills and spend within our means, can't we hold our own government to the same expectations? New programs only cost more - what's wrong with eliminating ineffective ones or at least revamping them?

So, for those of you who were concerned I'd gone off the deep end, worry no more.

No comments: