Friday, May 9, 2008

'Tis the Season

It's Garage Sale Season again! This was proven today by the mad rush of people up and down Mulberry Avenue during the annual neighborhood sale. The girls rushed to a neighbor's sale and quickly found toys to assemble in their "babysitting bags."

They have their first babysitting gig tomorrow night! I can remember the days of trying to find babysitters, and now they are babysitting? Doesn't seem right. Their clients are, however, getting 3 sitters for the price of one. Of course, I'm not really sure what that means...what is the going rate for babysitters these days, anyways?

So they're very excited, and luckily, they'll only be a few houses away, so if all else fails they can call me.

Back to the theme previously stated, I was thinking about hosting my own garage sale, but I opted out. Instead, I did hold a "private sale" and it was with a touch of sadness that I parted with many of Case's size 6 month clothes. If that surgery I had didn't work, I'll be regretting this....again.

Looks to be a beautiful cool weekend and I'm hoping to get in a nice LONG run on Mother's Day...about 2 hours is what I'm shooting for. I have to find out where the public drinking fountains are located in this town, though, so I don't have to carry a water bottle.

No comments: