Thursday, May 1, 2008

I Have An Announcement to Make


I'm running for President!

Yes, around 3:30 am this morning, I was inspired to run for President of the United States of America. This will be a shoestring campaign, mind you, so you won't see me on commercials or be receiving mail from me. Please just use the blank line on your ballot to write in my name (Linda Steele - don't forget that last 'e' or your vote won't count).

Here's my platform:

Let's get rid of all the government programs that waste money. In fact, let's eliminate wasteful programs altogether.

Let's allow individual states to have control. For example, let's eliminate the US Dept of Education. Do we really need the federal government involved in education when the states have sense enough to educate their citizens? I mean Iowa is going above and beyond the call from the feds and is providing preschool for all 4 year olds....not to mention free health care for kids under 18.

And, here's my campaign promise (don't you have to have one of those if you're running?): NO NEW PROGRAMS!

Pretty simple don't you think? Of course, at 3:30 am it was actually much clearer than right now. But if you're so inclined to agree with me, please show me your support - Linda Steele for President. Thank you.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Go Linda!!!
I hope you win! I LOVE your "goverment talk". I'll vote for you!!!
Your Daughter,
Haley

Linda said...

I will vote for you!!! Linda Steele
(or mom)

your daughter,
Brooke