Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Update on Fritz

So by now you have probably heard that the kids and I came up to Masonville to see my dad, who is in the hospital with pneumonia.

The short story: He seems to be doing pretty well. Don't know much. Nurses give out no information! I'm a bit frustrated by that.

The long story: On Tuesday morning, he called his friend, Marge, to cancel card playing, because he wasn't feeling well. In fact, he felt like perhaps he was having a heart attack. Thankfully, she called some neighbors who came right away, helped Fritz gather some belongings, and drove him immediately to the E.R. They admitted him...of course, they ran many tests, ruled out the heart attack, and diagnosed him with pneumonia.

Side note - Did Eric or I know about any of this yet? No.

Continuing: Tuesday was a beautiful day. We had a gazillion things going on, including Brooke's final soccer game of the season. When we arrived home around 7:45, we had a strange message on the answering machine from Marge. I called her. She informed me my dad was hospitalized.

Still continuing: It took me about four hours to get everything put together this morning, and after about a 3 1/2 hour trip, we got here by 4:45, in time to feed Case, and then rush through Culver's drive thru (not the Culver mentioned elsewhere in this blog, ack), and got to the hospital at 5:30, in time to eat together with my dad. He looked a little grayish, but was talking. Glad we came. I still know nothing. He had a CT-scan today, but don't know the results yet, so I'm planning on ambushing the doctor in the morning to find out what's going on...when will he get out, etc? I'll let you know.

So thanks all for your prayers and concerns. We're doing pretty well. Tired! Looking forward to hopefully being able to sleep!

No comments: